I think I just coined a new phrase.
Cleaniac (clee-nee-AKK) – (n) (adj) 1. (n) One who is driven by health or outrage to eat only unrefined, organic food and tells everyone about it all the time.
eg. My God, she is such a cleaniac, I could just slap her with a full bag of unrefined coconut sugar.
2. (adj) a zealously manic-like state of constant food consciousness.
eg. Due her over developed cleaniac behaviours, Joan takes 11.5 hours to grocery shop as compared to every other shopper in the universe.
But hey cleaniacs, there are worst things to be…
Something that is one of the best things, for me anyway, is granola. I like granola almost anytime and although I am watching my grain intake and I always try to pair it with some protein, it is a comfort food that I would be hard pressed to abandon.
Though I did cleaniac it up.
Here’s our favourite:
Hippie Dippie West Coast Crunch.
2 c spelt flakes
1 c oat flakes
1/2 c barley flakes (or any combo of the last three items)
1/2 c oat or wheat bran
1/2 c pumpkin seeds
1/2 c sunflower seeds
1/2 c flax seeds
1/4 sesame seeds
1/2 c coconut oil (melted)
1/4 c water
1/3 c organic raw honey (melted)
1 T pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 c unsweetened ribbon coconut
1/2 c raw almonds or any other nut you like
1/2 c dried fruit ( I like ginger, even though it is not a fruit)
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2.Mix all the ingredients in the first section together in a large bowl.
3. Melt the oil, honey and after, add the water, vanilla a syrup.
4. Mix together well and spread onto a lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake, stirring occasionally, til golden brown. (1/2 – 1 hour)
6. Cool and add anything from the last section and store in an airtight container.
Namaste, man. From cleaniacs everywhere